Love Your Clothes is delighted to be supported by Ariel for our Know Your Care Labels #InsideOut challenge.
We want to get the nation to follow the care labels in clothing by showing them just how important care symbols really are.
Around a third of the UK are no longer wearing items of clothing from their wardrobe because they’re not following the washing, drying or ironing labels in clothes – this works out to around 39 million items that haven’t been worn in the past year.
In fact, just over a quarter of us aren’t wearing as many as up to five items because of not knowing what the care symbols on clothes actually mean.
We’ve teamed up with Ariel as one of the leading fabric care brands to help families across the UK get to know the care labels in their clothes.
So how can you make your clothes last longer without being ruined in the laundry? Take part in the Know Your Care Labels #InsideOut challenge!
With Ariel’s support we’ve created a number of ways to recognise the care symbols and understand what they mean, including some helpful hints, exciting videos and a list of the top care symbols.
- Test your knowledge on how well you know common care symbols by taking our Know Your Care Labels #InsideOut quiz
- Check out our online guide to care labels.
- Download a free handy care symbol guide to use at home so you'll always know your care labels.
- Download our free retro care symbol posters to hang next to your washing machine: Drying and Ironing, Professional Cleaning, Washing and Bleaching.
Quick fix videos from Ariel to help you love your clothes
- How to retrieve a lost cord
- How to repair a fallen hem
- How to replace a broken zip pull
- How to fix bra underwires
- How to replace a ripped belt loop
- How to open sewn-up pockets
- How to add school name labels
- How to add elbow patches
- How to repair ripped pockets
- How to shorten a stretched strap
For more information about Ariel and their tips on laundry visit www.ariel.co.uk
Want to learn more about caring for your clothes?
- Watch the Love Your Clothes care and repair videos to get you through any tough laundry dilemmas.