If you are looking to expand your sewing skills and try dressmaking for the first time then this workshop is for you.
Following a simple pattern you will make a lovely sleeveless top that's neatly finished around the neck and arm holes with a facing and has little side vents. It's a great wardrobe staple and perfect for warm summer days or layering up in winter.
You will learn
- How to take key body measurements and choose a size
- How to make simple pattern adjustments
- How to interpret pattern symbols and markings
- How to accurately cut out your fabric
- How to sew seams and finish off the inside edges
- How to attach an all in one neckline and armhole facing
- How to add in a vent at the side seam
- How to hem the top
This class is suitable for those who have taken our complete beginner classes or already know how to set up a sewing machine and make simple projects but are looking to try dressmaking for the first time.
- A paper pattern in your chosen size that you can take home to make more tops with
- Instruction sheet
- Use of all top tools, equipment and machines
- Tea/coffee and biscuits (please bring a packed lunch or visit one of the lovely local cafes)
- A special 15% off voucher for lunch at local cafe, Damascena, for use on the day
You will need to bring
- Light to medium weight woven fabric such as cotton lawn or voile. Some medium weight cottons are also suitable - please get in touch to check before hand
- Size 8 - 20 you will need 1.7m of 112cm (45") wide fabric or 1m of 150cm (60") wide - please get in touch if you have nay questions.
- Matching thread